DescriptionReturns & Delivery
- Focus on the 2020 worldwide pandemic, with new articles on COVID-19, Social distancing, and Dr. Anthony Fauci, as well as updates relating to the virus in dozens of other articles
- Hundreds of new and revised articles reflecting changes in current events
- More than 25,000 photographs, illustrations, diagrams, and maps
- Coverage of results and information from the 2020 United States Presidential election; expansion of the Donald Trump and Joe Biden biographies, along with updates to many other politically themed articles
- Expert contributors, advisors, and subject area specialists ensure readability and accuracy
Satisfaction Guarantee You may return any of the items purchased from the World Book Bookstore for a full refund within fifteen (15) days of receipt of your order. Packaging Guidelines Please adhere to the following guidelines when packaging your items for return to World Book:Return Shipping Address Generation-Z.gr (Chondrogiannis Athan.- Koutsonas Athan. O.E.) Attn: Returns Mykalis 7 str. Marousi, Attica 15124
- Items should be returned in their original boxes, in new condition, and with the original packing materials.
- Indicate the reason for return on a copy of the packing slip and include it in with the returned items(s) to ensure proper credit to your credit card. If you do not have a copy of your packing slip, please indicate your order number and the reason for return on a seperate piece of paper and include it in with the returned item(s).
Return Shipping Method World Book recommends you use xxx courier or Insure Parcel Post for your return shipment. Return Shipping Costs If the return of your item(s) is a result of our error, World Book will arrange and pay for return shipping charges. Please call Customer Service at 2103009681 to report a return of product due to our error and to receive special shipping instructions. The shipping charges for all other returns shall be paid for by the customer. Credits/Refunds Your return will be refunded to your credit card upon receipt of your returned item(s). Please keep a copy of your original order or order number until proper credit has been applied to your credit card in the event it is needed for tracing purposes. Once we have processed your returned item(s) and refunded your credit card, we will notify you via e-mail. If you have any remaining questions regarding returns, please call 2103009681 to speak with Customer Service.
The World Book Encyclopedia is the only general A-Z print research source still published today. Whether you are looking up information to understand a subject or checking a fact for a homework assignment, answers are here! Tens of thousands of index entries make it easy to find information wherever it is in the set. Abundant colorful photos, diagrams, charts, tables, and maps supplement the easy-to-read text. THE STORY BEHIND THE IMAGE The Kenyan region of Tsavo is home to some of the last remaining “Big Tuskers”—elephants with tusks weighing more than 100 pounds each. Fewer than 20 of these elephants are left on Earth, and almost half of them are in Tsavo. Award-winning wildlife photographer Will Burrard-Lucas, with the help of Tsavo Trust, was able to photograph these rarely encountered elephants. The goal of Tsavo Trust is to conserve the wilderness of the Tsavo Conservation Area, which is under threat from wildlife crime, climate change, and habitat loss. Tsavo Trust’s “Big Tusker Project” was established to secure a future for the big tuskers before they become extinct. *We recognize the importance of conservation and strive to educate future generations about environmental issues. Therefore, for each set of The World Book Encyclopedia 2020 sold during the 2019-2020 school year, we will donate a portion of the proceeds to Tsavo Trust 'Big Tusker' Project.
Encouraging young readers to expand their curiosity, The Discovery Encyclopedia 2022 is a beginner general reference A-Z encyclopedia designed to be used by elementary readers, ESL/ELL students, and reluctant readers. Highlights of the encyclopedia set include:
- Includes index, map volume, fact-in-brief boxes, and special features
- Promotes comprehension, knowledge retention, and research skills
- Contains easy-to-read articles about countries of the world; U.S. states; Canadian provinces and territories; famous people such as Simone Biles, Billie Eilish, Elon Musk, and Greta Thunberg; and such recent historical events as the COVID-19 pandemic and the Black Lives Matter movement
- Includes supporting activity sheets, available online as downloadable PDFs. These quiz-based activities test readers’ knowledge and comprehension of articles featured in the books. Also includes answer keys!
Can a radish be black in color? Do butterflies really eat butter? Find these answers plus more in The Discovery Science Encyclopedia. This guide to core science topics is designed to be used by elementary and middle school students. Individual volumes cover such areas of inquiry as plants, technology, and human beings. Extension activities and experiments make this a hands-on series suited to different learning styles. In the set are two volumes about animals, two volumes about people, and one volume each about planet Earth, matter and energy, plants, space, and technology. Inside these volumes the entries are in A-Z order.
The World Book Encyclopedia is the only general A-Z print research source still published today. Whether you are looking up information to understand a subject or checking a fact for a homework assignment, answers are here! Tens of thousands of index entries make it easy to find information wherever it is in the set. Abundant colorful photos, diagrams, charts, tables, and maps supplement the easy-to-read text. Available from December 2021