DescriptionReturns & Delivery
- Over 1,500 new and revised articles reflect new advancements and research, and recent results of national elections
- New biographies cover such notable figures as British politician Jeremy Corbyn, gymnast Simone Biles, and even the famous movie monster Godzilla
- Revised articles feature new content on such developments as the first image of a black hole’s event horizon and Tiger Woods’s return to the top tier of professional golf
- Extensive revisions to such longer articles as Automobile racing, Basketball, and Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (U.S.S.R.)
- In addition to 17,000 articles, there is useful advice for elementary through intermediate grades students about studying and report writing
Satisfaction Guarantee You may return any of the items purchased from the World Book Bookstore for a full refund within fifteen (15) days of receipt of your order. Packaging Guidelines Please adhere to the following guidelines when packaging your items for return to World Book:Return Shipping Address Generation-Z.gr (Chondrogiannis Athan.- Koutsonas Athan. O.E.) Attn: Returns Mykalis 7 str. Marousi, Attica 15124
- Items should be returned in their original boxes, in new condition, and with the original packing materials.
- Indicate the reason for return on a copy of the packing slip and include it in with the returned items(s) to ensure proper credit to your credit card. If you do not have a copy of your packing slip, please indicate your order number and the reason for return on a seperate piece of paper and include it in with the returned item(s).
Return Shipping Method World Book recommends you use xxx courier or Insure Parcel Post for your return shipment. Return Shipping Costs If the return of your item(s) is a result of our error, World Book will arrange and pay for return shipping charges. Please call Customer Service at 2103009681 to report a return of product due to our error and to receive special shipping instructions. The shipping charges for all other returns shall be paid for by the customer. Credits/Refunds Your return will be refunded to your credit card upon receipt of your returned item(s). Please keep a copy of your original order or order number until proper credit has been applied to your credit card in the event it is needed for tracing purposes. Once we have processed your returned item(s) and refunded your credit card, we will notify you via e-mail. If you have any remaining questions regarding returns, please call 2103009681 to speak with Customer Service.
Encouraging young readers to expand their curiosity, The Discovery Encyclopedia 2022 is a beginner general reference A-Z encyclopedia designed to be used by elementary readers, ESL/ELL students, and reluctant readers. Highlights of the encyclopedia set include:
- Includes index, map volume, fact-in-brief boxes, and special features
- Promotes comprehension, knowledge retention, and research skills
- Contains easy-to-read articles about countries of the world; U.S. states; Canadian provinces and territories; famous people such as Simone Biles, Billie Eilish, Elon Musk, and Greta Thunberg; and such recent historical events as the COVID-19 pandemic and the Black Lives Matter movement
- Includes supporting activity sheets, available online as downloadable PDFs. These quiz-based activities test readers’ knowledge and comprehension of articles featured in the books. Also includes answer keys!
Can a radish be black in color? Do butterflies really eat butter? Find these answers plus more in The Discovery Science Encyclopedia. This guide to core science topics is designed to be used by elementary and middle school students. Individual volumes cover such areas of inquiry as plants, technology, and human beings. Extension activities and experiments make this a hands-on series suited to different learning styles. In the set are two volumes about animals, two volumes about people, and one volume each about planet Earth, matter and energy, plants, space, and technology. Inside these volumes the entries are in A-Z order.
The World Book Encyclopedia is the only general A-Z print research source still published today. Whether you are looking up information to understand a subject or checking a fact for a homework assignment, answers are here! Tens of thousands of index entries make it easy to find information wherever it is in the set. Abundant colorful photos, diagrams, charts, tables, and maps supplement the easy-to-read text. Available from December 2021
The World Book Encyclopedia is the only general A-Z print research source still published today. Whether you are looking up information to understand a subject or checking a fact for a homework assignment, answers are here! Tens of thousands of index entries make it easy to find information wherever it is in the set. Abundant colorful photos, diagrams, charts, tables, and maps supplement the easy-to-read text. THE STORY BEHIND THE IMAGE For centuries, people have admired eagles and adopted them as symbols of strength, bravery, and authority. Roman soldiers carried a golden figure of the eagle into battle. Russian and Austrian emperors used the eagle to project power and prestige. For thousands of years, eagle feathers have been rewarded as a high honor among Native Americans. In 1782, the Founding Fathers selected the bald eagle as the national bird of the United States, and it remains on the seal of the president. The bald eagles featured on The World Book Encyclopedia 2021 Spinescape® represent strength, contemplation, and wisdom as they survey the majestic landscape of Alaska. For over a century, World Book has published accurate, authoritative, unbiased, and understandable information as its contribution to readers everywhere who strive to learn and to know.